1. "Basic Monitoring Using UV/ Vis Spectrophotometer Analysis for Treatment of Tanneries Wastewater in Palestine" Awni Khatib, Safa Shaheen and Maher Al-Jabari. Presented to the conference Chemistry and the Environment at Yarmouk University – Irbid – Jordan Sep 2005.
2. Olive oil production in Palestine, environmental concern. Awni Al-Khatib, Maher Al-Jabari, Hasan Sawalha, Nader Yaghi, and Yousef Sobih. Presented to the international Conference "Toward a Cleaner Environment" Al-Minia University Egypt 2005.
3. Treating Chromium Tanning Wastewater using Natural Clay. Maher Al-Jabari, Safa Shaheen, and Awni Khatib. Accepted to the International Conference for the Total Environment (RETBE' 04) Alexandria –Egypt Dec 2004.
4. "Analysis for chromium content in wastewater from leather industry". Maher Al-Jabari, Safa Shaheen, and Awni Khatib. Presented at the Hazardous Waste Conference' University of Science and Technology Jordan Nov. 2004.
5. Characterization, Pre-treatment and Anaerobic treatment of Olive Mills Wastewater (OMW). Khatib A., Suboh Y., Sawalha H., Jabari M., Basheer S., Sabbah I. Yazbek A., Hayeek B., Musa M. presented to Water and the Environment conference in Amman – Jordan 2002.
6. Reducing the environmental impact of olive mill wastewater in the Middle East region. Basheer S., Sabbah I., Yazbek A., Haj J., Saleeba A., Hayeek B., Musa M., Khatib A., Suboh Y., and Galil N. presented to the water conference in Turkey. 1999.
7. Jules B. van Lier, Gatze Lettinga, Mohammad Shatanawi, Manar Fayyad, Fatma El-Gohary, Fayza Aly Nasr, Awni Khatib, Pedro Garica Encina, Fernando Fdz. Polanco. “Low-cost Eco-biotechnological Methods for Domestic Wastewater Treatment, and Re- use. Proceedings International Conference “Domestic Wastewater Treatment” Wagnengin-The Netherlands; March 5-8/1998
8. Lettinga G., van Lier J., Shatanawi M., El-Gohary F. , Khatib A. , and Polanco Fdz. F; Environmental Protection and Resource Conservation Using Integrated Decentralized Urban Sanitation Concept. Proceedings, International Conference “Water in the Mediterranean”. Istanbul (T), Nov., 25-29L 1997
9. Issa Y, Kristensen P, Nijem K, Khatib A, Bjertness E. Exposure to Pesticides. An occupational exposure survey on exposure to pesticides among Farmers in Palestine. A study from Beit-Ummar village in Hebron governorate, Palestine. 1st Annual Students’ Scientific Conference. Global Health in the 21st Century: Challenges in Health Research. 12 May 2000, Bergen, Norway. (First prize presentation)
10. Issa Y, Kristensen P, Khatib A, Bjertness E. Exposure to Pesticides among Farmers in Palestine. A study from Beit-Ummar village, Hebron-Palestine. 20th Anniversary Seminar. The University of Oslo’s Committee for North-South University Co-operation. Oslo, Norway. 15th December 1999.
11. Nijem K I, Kristensen P, Khatib A, Bjertness E. Health Complaints among Shoe Factory Workers Exposed to Organic Solvents and Plastic Compounds in Hebron.A study from Hebron, Palestine. 20th Anniversary Seminar. The University of Oslo’s Committee for North-South University Co-operation. Oslo, Norway. 15th December 1999.